i hope you don’t mind if i answer this publicly in case anyone else has a similar question!
to be honest, i don’t have a lot of experience with this stuff. but i can try to give you a few tips on starting/running an ask blog!
- first of all, this is pretty obvious but when you set up your blog make all the links super easy to get to. you know those themes where you have to search for 40 years to find someone’s ask button? yeah, don’t do that.
- tag your posts with tags people tend to track! i usually tag posts on this blog with #borderlands, #borderlands 2, #mechromancer, and #gaige. remember, your post will only show up in the first five tags it’s tagged with.
- be active! the more you talk to people, show off your stuff, and post in the tags, the more attention you’ll get. (basically don’t be like me and never ever update)
- don’t feel obligated to answer every single one of your asks. answer the ones that you will enjoy answering. same goes for rping with people. you’re doing this for fun, after all :)
- make sure to stay in character!!! i can’t stress this enough. you know what really bothers me? when i find a blog with awesome artwork/writing but the character is being reaaalllyy ooc. research your character. pay attention to their speech patterns. what is important to them? what makes them tick?
- if you’re drawing, don’t freak out if your drawing isn’t perfect. chances are no one will realize you forgot to color in gaige’s belt buckle (woops) or you didn’t draw axton’s little forehead thing. again, this is for fun so don’t worry about it!
- same goes for writing! but i’m not much of a writer or an rper, so i can’t give a lot of advice about that. just post what you want and don’t stress about it.
- link to your personal blog! some people will want to meet the person behind your amazing creation.
- just have fun!!!
i hope this little bit of info helps! good luck in your rp/ask blog adventures!